Right, I’m a sucker for a good old drugstore foundation. I love trying out new products highend or drugstore but I find it more exciting when I find a really good drugstore product! When I saw this foundation I got quite excited as it claimed to give you clearer skin in 4 weeks.
So I got this foundation, got home and gave it a little try. I always try new foundations out in sections; forehead with fingers, left side with sponge and right side with a brush.
SEVENTEEN On The Spot Foundation
Okay, so here goes!
The Product itself: It claims to have blemish fighting salicylic acid in to give you clearer skin in 4 weeks so I used this product for 4 weeks to test it out! The tube also says “FULL COVERAGE” “FLAWLESS” “HEALTHY LOOKING SKIN” no no no no nooo!! All big fat lies!!
- The coverage? Hmm?? Where?? Show me! Using fingers you get a little bit of coverage but it’s the patchiest coverage EVER! It doesn’t blend with a sponge the product just moves around and with a brush it’s blends out but if you go over a bit you have already done it just comes off in flakes.
- Defo not flawless, far from it! After blending it out as well as I possibly could there was dark browns lines everywhere where the foundation had moved and caked up in one area.
- The colour match, actually wasn’t too bad, it oxidised A LOT but because I got the lightest colour and I’m a bit tanned it was okay, if I was my normal colour with no tan I would have been orange.
- I like to use a stick contour stick and I’ve never had problems with it, but it literally drew a line in the foundation, when I blended it out the foundation and contour stick both just came off my face all flakey. Was gross. Also, putting any powder on top just went so caked and patchy.
- Also, the claim of helping Spot probe skin and helping making it healthier, I actually got really red irritated skin, I got a lot of spots and it made my skin go so dry. It literally sucked all the moisture out. After 4 weeks there is no difference to my skin.
- The consistency of the foundation is really thick and mousse like, but when you blend it in it goes really oily then dries like a powder. If you touch your face once it dry you can literally just brush it off.
- The packaging is one thing I actually like, it’s like a squeezy tube but it has a pump, I feel like you would waste a hell of a lot of foundation with this packaging though!
Basically, this is the worst foundation I’ve EVER used and I’d highly recommend you to not get it. If you have this foundation and you like it then I’m sorry if I’ve offended you but for me I can not stand it.
If you do want to get this I got it from boots for £6.99 it comes in 3 different shades.
Let me know if you have used this and if you got on okay with it or not!
Until next time…